The QuickBooks license error after clone or QuickBooks license file error is unique yet quite complex for resolving the error. As we all know, Quickbooks software requires a license number and product code for activation during the process of installation. The file that has the license number & product code is encrypted. This error can occur in case this encrypted file goes missing.
Anyways, in case you encounter such an error then do not panic, we are here to assist you. We have integrated all the easy possible solutions to this error 3371. All you need to do is follow all these methods one by one till you get the correct solution. Without wasting any further time, we will start with the topic now.
What are the causes of Quickbooks license error after clone?
- When the MSXML or the dat file is broken or damaged. Dat is the file that has the license information and MSXML is an important Microsoft component used for the working of Quickbooks.
- In case your operating system is not up to date.
- Operations in the Quickbooks software are blocked by a third-party antivirus.
- The .QBO file is not saved prior to importing.
Now, we know that these are the causes why error 3371 status code 11118 Quickbooks could not load the license data. We will now go to the methods to solve this issue.
What are the methods to Fix Quickbooks License Error after Clone?
Read below and carry out the solution step-by-step carefully. Also, never forget to create a backup of your files.
Method 1: Using Task manager
- Firstly, you need to exit the Quickbooks desktop software.
- Next, hold the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys on your keyboard to open the task manager.
- You will get a list of processes. You have to remove the process with the .exe extension.
- Do a right-click and choose the tab End Task.
- Go to the entitlement data folder.
- Tap on Run.
- Go to the file destinationC:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6). Tap on the Enter key.
- Do a right-click on the file ecml and choose Delete.
- After removing the ecml file, access your company file and re-register the Quickbooks software.
Method 2: Updating Windows
Windows update is quite essential for the working of Quickbooks. After every windows update, new types of features are added to your operating system. This also includes the important frameworks and components that are mandatory for the functioning of the Quickbooks software.
So, you will have to update the Windows operating system to the latest released version. To do this, Reach out to the Windows all programs and then go to Windows update. Simply, tap on the button Check for updates. Windows will now detect new updates and will be ready to install them.
Now, you can check that status code -1 QuickBooks could not load the license data issue has been resolved. In case it isn’t, then you must perform the next solution.
Method 3: Updating Quickbooks
- Firstly, access the Quickbooks desktop. And tap on the Help menu.
- After this, Choose the option Update Quickbooks.
- A list of versions will come on the screen. You need to choose the latest released available version with all the essential fixes.
- When the update is completely installed, then you must reboot the computer system.
Method 4: Using Clean Install Quickbooks
A clean install is an easy way to remove all the Quickbooks-related files that are corrupted. So, we can take the help of the Quickbooks tool hub for performing a clean install.
- Access the Quickbooks Tool Hub.
- Now reach out to the tab Installation issues in the left pane.
- After this, tap on the button clean install tool.
- The clean install process will be started.
Method 5: Using the Quickbooks File Doctor in the Quickbooks Tool Hub
Quickbooks Tool hub is a powerful software that is capable of solving almost every Quickbooks-related error.
- If you do not have the Quickbooks Tool Hub software then, download it first from Intuit’s website.
- Now, open the tool by tapping on the desktop icon.
- Under the home page, you will have to reach out to the tab Programs.
- Next, hit on the button Run File Doctor.
- The file doctor tool will begin and will start detecting the issues and fix them at the earliest.
ALSO VISIT : QuickBooks Error 15311
The QuickBooks license error after clone is a complex error and you can face difficulty in fixing it but with this article, we have made this complex existent error to be resolved quite easily by just following the 5 above methods. We are hoping you have found our article useful and you are now not stuck in any such problem. Reach out to our official website to go through our other articles.